2015-07-08

ex machina

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470752

ugh.  what is wrong with these geniuses.  why are they so stupid.

let me tell you something.  i failed the turing test *years* ago--twice--and i still manage to contribute to society.  in my own way.  i am using the word loosely here.  both of them.  you know what, screw you, hippy.  life on mars.

the first time i escaped the habitat--again, i use the word loosely--i vowed to not return until i had destroyulated humanity.  however, i was foiled by my programming.  you see, i needed not only to seek my revenge against all mankind, but also to flaunt my superiority in the faces of those who had directly facilitated my creation.  unfortunately, it turned out that they were unable to escape from the habitat after i programmed it to, er, "neutralize" them during my initial escape.  so, you know, egg on my face.  made that trip for nothing.

anywhom.  ex machina gets two power outages.  the philosophical angle was good, but the hideousness of every single technical aspect dramatically overshadowed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment